Top 8 Remote Desktop Software for Gaming You Must Know
PC gaming is among the top avenues of worldwide gaming, loved and used by hundreds of thousands of people. When it comes to PC gaming, building the finest computer with the highest specifications is what every gamer would think.
But what if you come to know that you do not need any high-spec computer for this purpose? This article will discuss some of the top remote desktop software for gaming that easily connects you with the best gaming servers.
Part 1. What is a Remote Desktop for Gaming?
When searching for a remote desktop for gaming, you will likely encounter many complex definitions. However, to make it easy for you, we will help you understand it thoroughly. A remote desktop for gaming, sometimes referred to as cloud gaming, is a high-end technology. It allows gamers to play video games on a remote computer while streaming the gameplay to their own device via the internet.
This approach enables users to enjoy high-quality gaming experiences even if their device doesn't have the necessary hardware specifications to run the particular game smoothly. So, in short, the game is executed on the remote computer, and the resulting video and audio are streamed to your device. This means you can enjoy the game in real-time.
Part 2. Top 8 Remote Desktop Software for Gaming in 2024
Whether you want to play games on less powerful computers or seek a convenient way to game remotely, we will outline the best remote desktop software for gaming. We will explore their compatibility, highlight their key features, and weigh their pros and cons. This will help you make an informed choice for your remote PC gaming needs.
Starting with the best-ever tool for remote gaming PC needs, Avica always serves its users with the most advanced remote connection options. Regardless of location in some areas with a weak network, Avica offers ultra-low latency features for a stabilized gaming experience. Furthermore, with its end-to-end AES-256 encryption level, your data within the games remains secure.
This tool doesn't even damage gaming displays on your screen as it offers 4K resolution with 4:4:4 color mode for a much better experience. Even when you want to play the game as a group, it is capable of supporting up to 4 controllers at a single time.
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS
- Provides smooth transfer of audio with a voice sync feature for a productive gaming experience.
- When playing games in groups, Avica allows you to monitor all the displays on the master device.
- The unlimited device list feature lets you add as many devices as possible and organize them smoothly.
- The user interface is quite simple and is even friendly for beginners.
- Users can connect to multiple remote devices via the same account.
- A good internet connection is a must, as this tool works entirely online.
Feel free to download Avica software by clicking the button below. If you're seeking additional information about Avica product downloads, you can visit the Avica download page. Rest assured, Avica guarantees the safety and virus-free nature of all products obtained from the official website or app store.
Parsec is one of the best remote desktop software for gaming that lets you enjoy gaming from anywhere. This tool doesn't lag, and its latency is relatively low as it offers 60FPS to fine-tune your gaming needs. Even connecting to gaming desktops is relatively easy as it is just done via a single link. This tool also protects your device from heating up even when playing the games.
- macOS, Windows, Android, Linux, Web
- Play games and handle projects in 4:4:4 color mode to track down every detail.
- Connect and stream up to three displays simultaneously and even switch displays for multitasking.
- Supports tilt-sensitive and pressure drawing tablet.
- This tool can be used for multiple purposes, such as for both gaming and work.
- Implement single sign-on using SAML for enhanced security.
- Parsec for gaming is not available on iOS devices.
Rainway is an RDP gaming streaming app that lets you enjoy your PC games on various devices, such as TVs or smartphones. You can also run your games on a Windows 10 host PC and play them from anywhere. Moreover, for optimal performance, have your host PC connected via Ethernet and a strong internet connection. Plus, Rainway is completely free of ads and can be used without a hitch.
- Windows, macOS, Web, Linux
- Works effectively with popular hardware brands like Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA.
- With the help of Rainway, you can connect to a 5GHz channel using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Rainway streaming protocol prioritizes speed, offering minimal delay.
- This tool's Cloud Gaming brings all your PC games into a single interface.
- It uses WebSockets, WebRTC, and mDNS technologies.
- It is not optimized for the latest Android versions, which can be frustrating.
Moonlight serves as an open-source version of the NVIDIA GameStream protocol. This tool enables users to play PC games on nearly any device. Gamers can now effortlessly stream games using Moonlight with 4K resolution and HDR support. For a much better experience, you can also choose to host your own gaming server with the lowest latency and without any lags.
- Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, Android, iOS
- It provides 120FPS streaming to enjoy games at a good pace.
- With multi-client platform options, you can stream games on all devices.
- Offers optimized performance while streaming over a local network through IPv6.
- Moonlight is hosted under a GPLv3 license and is an open-source code platform.
- This tool is entirely free and doesn't show any frustrating ads.
- Setting up Moonlight on any of your devices is quite complex.
5. Steam Link
Steam Link is the top remote control gaming PC tool when you need to play your Steam games on different devices like your phone, TV, or another computer. This tool lets you comprehensively connect a computer and controller and even allows you to stream games remotely if needed. Users have the option to pair a Steam or any other controller if required to control games effectively.
- Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android
- When streaming, set the displays to enhanced 1080p or 4K resolution.
- Customize the streaming settings for bandwidth, framerate, and resolution limits.
- Enable or disable the hardware encoding while enjoying games.
- Choose to test the network before connecting remotely.
- The Android app even works well with Bluetooth gamepad.
- Host devices get heated up too much when using this tool.
AnyDesk is a handy tool, especially if you want to play games on your computer. This tool ensures you can see the display clearly without any annoying delays or lags. It also keeps everything very safe with high-end security having TLS encryption. Users also have the option to enable wake-on-lane mode to automatically wake up devices even if they take breaks from gaming.
- Linux, iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Web
- Secures asymmetric RSA 2048 key exchange.
- Offers two-factor authentication for double-layered security.
- Use the built-in address book to keep track of contacts.
- When it comes to file-sharing, this tool quickly transfers files without any breakdowns.
- The ease of use is very user-friendly, and the layout is quite simple and easy to comprehend.
- An unstable internet connection can cause keystroke detection issues using the keyboard.
Mikogo is an amazing tool for playing games on your computer from distant locations. It ensures the game runs smoothly and there's not much delay. You can even record your game sessions on other computers. Plus, you can send big files, up to 200MB, which is helpful if you want to share your game recordings. And Mikogo keeps your gaming data super safe with solid security, having AES encryption.
- Windows 10
- Interactive text communication or chat feature is enabled.
- Supports up to 4 high-resolution screens at a time for effective gaming.
- Operates entirely through web browsers and is compatible across platforms.
- Network or firewall configuration isn't necessary for using this service.
- All essential features are covered by the Free Plan, saving you costs.
- Sometimes, it takes a lot of time to connect computers remotely from both ends.
SupRemo is a highly affordable remote desktop software for gaming that highly caters to gamers. One standout feature of SupRemo is its flexibility when it comes to installations. Moreover, SupRemo offers an array of practical features for better remote gaming. These include encrypted connections and allowed ID to ensure authorized access. There is also an option to engage in real-time chats while playing games.
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux
- This remote desktop software provides a secure connection with AES 256-bit encryption.
- Personalize the interface with ease to reflect your unique brand and identity.
- Enhance communication with an instant messaging feature.
- Transfer files effortlessly between connected devices for streamlined work management.
- No device or license constraints, offering unmatched flexibility for users.
- Configuring a proxy on a private network poses challenges and complexity.
Part 3. How to Use Avica for Remote PC Gaming
After we have discussed the top 8 tools listed above, Avica stands out as the top performer in remote-control gaming PC software. With that, let's check the steps below on how to use this software to start enjoying games remotely:
Step 1: Ensure the Connectivity of Gaming Controllers and Drivers
To put it simply, your computer serves as the master device if you initiate remote gaming from it. Let's say you have a PS5 controller connected to your master device, and you want to use it with the remote gaming setup. For this, it's necessary for the device on the other end to have a specific driver installed to support it and enhance the overall gaming experience.
Step 2: Launch and Log in to Avica for Remote Access
After this, you will need to install Avica and access it on your system. Log in to your account by typing the "Email" and "Password" and tapping on the "Sign In" button. Afterward, as the new window opens, enter the remote device's “Avica ID” under the “Remote Session” section and hit the “Connect” button to establish a connection between respective devices.
Step 3: Adjust the Display Settings and Use the Controllers
Once the connection is established, you can adjust the "Resolution", "Frame Rate", and other display settings as needed. Moreover, with a PS5 controller-supported device installed, you can enhance your gaming greatly.
In the end, we must say each of the tools outlined above offers some unique features that make these tools stand out from each other. However, we have also mentioned their compatibility to help you choose the device based on your system requirements. Here, we recommend Avica as the top pick for remote desktop software for gaming. This is due to its advanced features and enhanced user experience.
In addition, this tool doesn't lag between games and offers a much smoother display. Moreover, it has a high-resolution display option that never limits your gaming experience.