How to Send Large Audio Files for Free: 5 Effective Methods
Are you a musician, podcaster, or audio creator looking to collaborate with clients or fans? Offering to showcase your work at no cost can be highly beneficial for you. This even helps you to increase the exposure and potentially attract a larger audience. So, if you are searching for how to send large audio files, then you need to end your search here.
This guide has discussed 5 effective and proven methods to help users share large audio files without financial barriers. Moreover, these ways even help users who are simply looking to share audio files with friends. With that, start reading this guide and learn how to send big audio files effectively.
Part 1. Understanding the Factors Influencing Audio File Size
Audio files hold a bunch of different sounds like voices, music, and background noise. Every sound, whether a drumbeat or a footstep, makes the audio file bigger. However, 5 factors decide how good the sound is and how much space the audio file takes up:
- Compression: In audio, compression makes files smaller for easier sharing and handling. Basically, there are two types of compression: lossless compression and lossy compression. Lossless compression keeps all the original quality but still moderately reduces the file size. At the same time, lossy compression shrinks the file more but can impact the quality. This is the main factor to consider when searching for how to share large audio files.
- Sample Rate: The sample rate can be defined as the number of pictures taken of the sound per second. It is simply like taking snapshots of a moving object. The more snapshots you take, the more details you capture, which also means you end up with more pictures. Similarly, a higher sample rate in audio means more details, but it also makes the audio file larger.
- File Format: Different devices and programs have rules for storing audio, defined by the file format. For example, Apple devices use AIFF/AIF, broadcasting may use RF64, Sony editing programs use W64, Windows uses WAV, and Windows Media Audio uses WMA. Each format comes with its specifications, affecting how big or small the audio files will be.
- Channels: Audio files play through channels like speakers. Mono uses one channel, Stereo uses two, and so on. So, each channel adds to the data and file size. For instance, MP3 files are usually Stereo, featuring left and right channels. If you want smaller files, you might choose Mono, but if you want a richer audio experience, you'd go for Stereo or more channels.
- Bitrate: Bitrate is about how much information is packed into each snapshot of sound. Think of bitrate as the quality setting for photos or music. When the bit rate is higher, the picture or sound is better, but it also needs more space. If you increase the bitrate for audio, the sound gets better, but the file becomes bigger. Users looking for how to send audio files on WhatsApp must decide the audio bitrate beforehand.
Part 2: 5 Free Methods to Transfer Large Audio Files
As you are familiar with the factors that influence the audio file size, you must think about some free ways to share sizeable audio files. This section has discussed five easy and free methods to make the audio file-sharing process easier.
Method 1. Avica Remote Desktop
The first method we will discuss regarding how to send big audio files is the Avica Remote Desktop. This tool allows users to have complete control over remote PCs and share audio files as per their needs. Moreover, both the free and Pro versions of Avica support file transfer, which means that users can transfer files between devices easily. Having a patented protocol, it offers 100x faster transfer speed than FTP/HTTP.
Users don't have to worry about the file size as they can send unlimited audio files of any size using a single account across devices. Besides, this tool also features a low latency feature that lets you send audio files without worrying about a weak network connection. When it comes to audio file security, Avica has AES 256 end-to-end encryption level and privacy mode.
Must-Know Key Features of Avica Remote Desktop
- Custom Display: Users can set the remote desktop display to auto-scaling, original ratio, or self-adaptive as per requirements.
- Frame Rate Settings: If required, users can set the frame rate using 15FPS, 30FPS, 60FPS, or 144FPS options within a remote session.
- Screen Resolution: To get better screen quality, the resolution can be set using 10 different options ranging from 1024 to 4K.
- File Transfer: There are 3 different methods to share large audio files, including drag-drop, clipboard, and file manager.
Step-by-Step Guide to Use Avica Remote Desktop Tool for Audio File Transfer
Feel free to download Avica products by clicking the button below. If you're seeking additional information about Avica product downloads, you can visit the Avica download page. Rest assured, Avica guarantees the safety and virus-free nature of all products obtained from their official website or app store.
After learning about the diverse features of Avica, let’s head to the steps discussed below and learn how to share large audio files:
Step 1: Download Avica and Sign Into Devices
Install and launch Avica on your devices. Now, enter your "Email" and "Password" under the "Sign In" section and head on to hit the "Sign In" button.
Step 2: Enable Access to the Remote PC and Connect to it Remotely
As you sign into this tool on both the local and remote devices, you must allow remote access. For this, head to the remote device and toggle on the "Allow remote access to this device via your credentials" switch to on. This will make the "Avica ID" and "Password" visible on your device. Note it down and head to the local PC. Enter the remote device's "Avica ID" under the "Remote Session" section and tap "Connect.”
Step 3: Transfer Audio Files During a Remote Session
Once connected, you want to move a big audio file between two computers. You can do this by dragging files or by copying and pasting them remotely without any physical connections. You can also click the "File Transfer" function button on the top toolbar to transfer files.
Step 4: Transfer Large Audio File Via File Transfer
For another method to transfer files between computers without a remote session, you can select "File Transfer" by clicking “Three Dots” under "Recent Sessions" next to the desktop name.
Step 5: Manage File Manager to Transfer Files
Now, as you access the file manager, you will need to select the directories to receive and send audio files accordingly. Next, select the file, right-click it, and choose the "Send" option to transfer the file. Likewise, users can also hit the "Send" button to make the audio file transfer successful.
Method 2. Using WeTransfer
Users can use the WeTransfer platform to send extensive audio files smoothly within seconds. There is no need to create an account if your audio file is under 2 GB. For those opting for the free plan, remember that transfers have a 7-day expiration date. If you consider upgrading to WeTransfer Pro, you can send files up to 200 GB. Let’s head to the steps and see how to send big audio files through WeTransfer:
Step 1: The first step is to access the WeTransfer website using the browser on your mobile device. Then, hit the "Send File" button and head on to tap the "+" icon to upload large audio files.
Step 2: Afterward, as the audio file gets uploaded, tap the "Next" button at the bottom right corner and proceed to the next step. Now, you have two options to send large audio files using the "Send an Email" or "Get a link" options. If you choose to send via email, follow the on-screen instructions to enter your email address. For the link, press the "Get a link" button and copy the generated link to share it with the required users.
Method 3. Using Google Drive
Simplify and resolve your how to send large audio files query through cloud-based file-sharing platforms like Google Drive. This method is especially efficient for smooth communication within your internal team, and you can even tailor the access permissions as needed.
Google Drive's free version offers 15GB of storage, while users on premium plans enjoy the remarkable capacity to upload audio files of up to 2TB. Follow the steps below for successful audio file transfer:
Step 1: To begin, open the Google Drive app on your phone. Then, tap on "Files" at the bottom right, and after that, press "+ New" to choose how you want to upload a file.
Step 2: Hit the "Upload" icon, then choose the sizable audio to commence the upload process. Next, locate the "Three Dots” adjacent to the audio and opt for the "Share" option from the menu that appears.
Step 3: Once more, select the "three dots” at the top right corner of the screen. From the menu, choose the "Manage Access" option and, subsequently, click "Change" to adjust the overall access to "Anyone with the link." Similarly, tap the "Link" icon on the upper right side to copy the link and share it with intended users.
Method 4. Telegram Messenger
Sending large audio files is simple with Telegram Messenger. You can share files up to 2GB for free, and if you need more space, there's a paid option called Telegram Premium, allowing up to 4GB transfers. It's not just a chat app; it is also handy for business teamwork. It uses strong security (like VPNs) to protect your files. With that, consider the steps below to send large audio files easily:
Instructions: Start by launching the Telegram app on your device and open the required chat with whom you want to share a large audio file. Here, tap the "Attachment" icon at the bottom and choose the "File" option. Now, either access the "Internal Storage" or "Recent Files" section to select your audio file. Once selected, it will automatically start the process of sending the file to the intended person.
Method 5. Using a USB Flash Drive
Effortlessly transferring large audio files to friends or colleagues can be achieved through the use of a USB flash drive. These portable storage devices, available in capacities ranging from 2GB to 1TB, offer ample space for file uploads, making them practical solutions. This process requires no technical skills, ensuring accessibility for users of all levels of expertise. Learn the steps about how to send large audio files below using USB drives:
Instructions: Insert the USB drive into your PC and open the folder. Afterward, copy-paste a large audio file into your USB, either via drag and drop or using the copy-paste function. Then, "Eject" the USB Flash Drive and insert it into another PC. Again, simply copy-paste the audio file from the USB to the PC or drag and drop it.
Part 3: What is the Most Recommended Method to Share Large Audio Files
Audio file-sharing methods discussed offer diverse approaches to sending large audio files, each with its own strengths and considerations. Using methods such as WeTransfer, Google Drive, Telegram Messenger, and USB flash drives offer free storage along with security, but they don't offer that much flexibility. Moreover, some of these methods might even be difficult to use for users with no skills.
Meanwhile, Avica Remote Desktop offers full control over the required device remotely, and users can transfer files without any file size limitations. Plus, this tool has a very user-friendly interface and offers AES-256 encryption levels for enhanced security. Now, without thinking any further about how to share large audio files, download Avica on your system and start sharing files without any hassle.
In the end, sharing large audio files can be relatively easy when you use the above-discussed methods carefully. To make the audio file-sharing process much easier, we have discussed the steps for each method in detail above. Now, when looking for how to send large audio files, remember to follow the methods outlined in this guide. However, if you want to share unlimited files without size restrictions, use Avica.
This tool not only makes audio file sharing easier but even lets users have complete control over remote devices and manage files accordingly without physical presence. Moreover, this tool is 100 times faster, more efficient, and more secure than others.